HOLIDAY CRAFTS WITH YKRA KIDS - Supersoft gingerbread cookies
This Holiday Season spend some quality time with your family and loved ones! We’ve collected creative activities and great DIY ideas that you can enjoy together!
Christmas is coming and you have probably started baking already (or collecting recipes). We would like to share our favorite and supersoft gingerbread cookies recipe with you! This is a classic holiday treat in Hungary, and every family has their own secret recipe.
50 dkg flour
30 dkg honey
2 egg yolk
20 dkg butter
1 lemon’s peel
½ tsp baking soda
14 grams of gingerbread spice mix
1 pinch of salt
Make your own gingerbread spice mix!
Ingredients for a larger amount (use the rest at other times):
1 tbsp cardamom
1 db star anise
1 ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp allspice
1 tbsp clove
1 tbsp ground ginger
½ tbsp ground nutmeg
Put all the spices into a mortar and grind fine, or if you use ground spices just mix them well!
- Melt the butter with the sugar over a steam bath and when it has cooled down a bit, add the honey.
- Mix together the flour, the baking soda, the salt, the spices and the lemon peel. Then make a hole in the middle and pour into the butter-honey mixture. Add the eggs as well. Knead well!
- We get a little sticky mass, but don’t be scared, it must be like this! Pack it in a foil or a beeswax wrap, put it in the fridge and let it rest overnight!
- Stretch to a thickness of 0.8-1 cm and stab out with cookie cutters.
- Put into the oven (preheat 220 Celsius), and bake it around 8 minutes, but be careful, don’t bake it too long!
- When the cookies have cooled down, you can decorate them, or if you put them in a resealable bag or a box, they remain soft for a long time.
Have a great baking time!:)