Holiday Crafts with YKRA KIDS - Birdhouse
This Holiday Season spend some quality time with your family and loved ones! We’ve collected creative activities and great DIY ideas that you can enjoy together!
It's the time of the year when we can start to feed the birds around our home. You don’t have to buy an expensive birdhouse, you can easily make your one zero waste from home leftovers and foraged parts.
You will need:
- One emptied and carefully washed out milk/juice paper box
- Collected sticks (some smaller, thinners and one thicker)
- Paint and brush
- Bird food
- Paint the milk/juice box
- After it has dried, cut out the opening and make two holes under the cuts (for the thicker stick)
- Get the thinner sticks and make pieces of similar length, then glue them up in a row on the bottom (this will be the roof of your house)
- Get the thicker and longer stick and stab across the hole (glue them if it’s needed), this will be the place where the birds can land while they snack :)
- Make two small holes under the roof and lead through the rope.
- Hang it up and put in some bird food, and that’s it!:)